The Technology Company Law Group advises technology-driven companies on the legal aspects of forming, operating and financing their businesses and on the protection and licensing of intellectual property, and represent seed investors and venture capital firms.
TCLG® means high-quality, creative legal services delivered in a cost-effective and responsive manner. TCLG® legal services provide companies in New York’s Tech Valley and beyond with the quality and breadth of service one would expect from law firms in major cities, without paying large city rates.
The TCLG® model gives clients the personal attention of a smaller organization while providing access to the resources of a larger firm, including Whiteman Osterman & Hanna’s employment and labor, business, corporate and financial services, litigation, tax, real estate, and corporate immigration law practices. TCLG® services bring to clients the best of all worlds, with the level of service and advice that can help your company grow and succeed.
TCLG® Clients Have Included:
- Software developers.
- Application service providers.
- Hardware and component manufacturers.
- Research and development companies.
- Content providers.
- e-Commerce-based businesses.
- Seed investors and venture capital firms.
- Pharmaceutical testing, packaging and distribution firms.
- An advanced materials manufacturer.
- A robotics and automation company.
Representation of These Clients Has Included:
- Counseling on entity formation and capital structure, venture capital, private financings and offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic alliances.
- Designing and implementing equity incentive programs.
- Negotiating and preparing employment agreements, employee invention assignments, copyright assignments, trademark assignments, work-for-hire agreements, consulting and independent contractor agreements.
- Counseling on intellectual property transfer and protection issues that arise in the employment context, as well as in a variety of business transactions.
- Counseling on using and protecting trademarks, Internet domain names, copyrights and trade secrets.
- Advising clients about trademark selection, clearance, adoption, use and licensing.
- Counseling in litigation avoidance.
- Internet law, privacy and Web site usage policies.
- Software and Web site development agreements, technology licensing agreements, content licensing agreements, sales and distribution agreements, non-competition agreements and non-disclosure agreements.