Neil L. Levine
Neil L. Levine
Neil Levine is a partner, former member of the Executive Committee, and former chair of the Real Estate Development, Zoning and Land Use, and Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation Practice Groups at Whiteman Osterman & Hanna where he has been an attorney since 1989. His principal areas of practice are complex commercial litigation, and real estate development. Prior to joining Whiteman Osterman & Hanna, Mr. Levine was an Assistant District Attorney at the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office and an associate at the law firm of Hughes Hubbard & Reed in New York City.
- Counsel to the Schenectady Metroplex Development Authority. Advise Metroplex on all economic and real estate development issues including bond and other financing issues, development, construction and other agreements, compliance with State and local regulations.
- Successfully lead strategic planning process as a member and then Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Schenectady Museum, leading to a new mission and vision for the Museum to become the premier source for informal STEM education.
- Counsel to Renaissance Corporation of Albany with respect to philanthropic development projects in the Capital District.
- Successfully litigated against an insurance company to obtain coverage for an antitrust lawsuit and defended the underlying antitrust case involving the horse racing industry. The case raised novel issues regarding conflicts between the antitrust laws and organized sports. The case was settled on favorable terms after oral argument on our client’s summary judgment motion.
- Represents several of the largest Capital District employers and the New York State Dormitory Authority in labor litigation, including state and federal age, sex and race discrimination claims.
- Represents a number of major developers in connection with office building, garage, housing and other projects.
- Represented a number of FORTUNE 100 companies in prosecution and defense of environmental cost recovery actions under federal and state Superfund statutes and other environmental laws.
- Experienced in insurance coverage litigation with respect to a variety of claims, including antitrust, environmental, and health care insurance coverage issues. Successfully prosecuted numerous claims for insurance coverage, usually through summary judgment motions, thus avoiding expensive trials.
- Represented Major League Baseball and the New York Yankees in defense of a lawsuit attacking public funding of sports stadiums.
Mr. Levine received his Juris Doctor degree from the Georgetown University Law Center and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Amherst College.