Christopher M. McDonald
Christopher M. McDonald
Christopher McDonald joined Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP in January 2006, and, since that time, he has been a member of the firm’s litigation, arbitration and mediation practice group. His principal area of practice is commercial litigation with an emphasis on real estate and land use disputes, construction law, and administrative law.
- Part of a litigation team that successfully challenged a Public Service Commission order finding that an allocation of insurance settlement proceeds was imprudent – Matter of National Fuel Gas Distribution Corp. v. Public Service Commission, 16 N.Y.3d 360 (2011).
- Part of a litigation team that successfully overturned a trial court decision awarding adverse possession to the opposing party - Robbins v. Schiff, 106 A.D.3d 1215 (3d Dep’t 2013).
- Part of a litigation team that successfully defended against claim to reform deed – Mastropietro v. Lecce, 100 A.D.3d 1064 (3d Dep’t 2012).
- Part of a litigation team challenging permits issued by the Adirondack Park Agency – Matter of Quiver Rock, LLC v. Adirondack Park Agency, 93 A.D.3d 1135 (3d Dep’t 2012).
- Part of a litigation team that successfully defeated money claims arising out of a real estate development venture - British American Development Corp. v. Schodack Exit Ten, LLC, 83 A.D.3d 1247 (3d Dep't 2011).
- Part of a litigation team that successfully discharged a wrongfully filed mechanic's lien - Saratoga Associates Landscape Architects, Architects, Engineers & Planners, P.C v. Lauter Development Group, 77 A.D.3d 1219 (3d Dep't 2010).
- Part of a litigation team that successfully defended challenge to environmental review in connection with the construction of the Maid of the Mist winter boat storage facility – Matter of Niagara Preservation Coalition, Inc. v. New York Power Authority, (Sup. Ct. Niagara County 2013).
- Successfully defended homeowner’s association against easement claims from neighboring landowners - Meacham v. Century Farms Homeowner’s Association, Inc., (Sup. Ct. Saratoga County 2013).
- Part of litigation team that defended demolition permits issued for the expansion of the Fort Orange Club – Matter of Historic Albany Foundation, Inc. v. Joyce, 26 Misc.3d 1221(A)(Sup. Ct. Albany County 2010); Matter of Historic Albany Foundation, Inc. v. DiLello, (Sup. Ct. Albany County 2010).
- Part of a litigation team that successfully acquired a private road under Highway Law § 300 – Matter of Preserve Associates, LLC v. Nature Conservancy, Inc., 35 Misc.3d 351 (County Court 2011).
Mr. McDonald is a member of the New York State and American Bar Associations.
Mr. McDonald was awarded a Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Albany Law School of Union University. While at Albany Law School, Mr. McDonald served as an Associate Editor of the Albany Law Review and as a Sponsler Teaching Fellow for first year civil procedure classes. Prior to law school, Mr. McDonald received a Bachelors of Science degree in Psychology from Union College.